Ingredients to Avoid for Skin Care in Norfolk, VA
Your skin is the largest organ in your body, and as such, it deserves the best protection and treatment you can give it. The way to provide this is through professional medical-grade skin care in Norfolk, VA.
That’s the type of service we provide at Medical Aesthetics of Virginia. We’ll help you keep your skin healthy by giving tips on what to avoid. There are several ingredients to watch out for, and we’ll discuss them here.
We want you to look at the labels of the products you use and see what they contain. When you compare them to this list, you might be in for a shock and quickly decide to find new skin care products that are healthier. Things you need to avoid include:
- Aluminum – This metal can disrupt healthy endocrine systems with estrogen-like effects on our systems.
- Mineral Oil – Coats the skin like plastic and clogs the pores.
- Parabens – Are believed to contribute to hormone imbalance.
- Phthalates – Are chemicals that increase plastic’s flexibility and strength. It’s often listed under “fragrance” on ingredient lists.
- Propylene Glycol and Butylene Glycol – Are chemicals that penetrate the skin so quickly that they can damage proteins and cell structure.
As you can see, these ingredients may be in products applied to your skin, but their effects are much deeper.