More and more people have turned to microdermabrasion in Virginia Beach, VA, as their spa treatment of choice to improve skin texture, brightness, and renewal. Microdermabrasion is a skin-exfoliating treatment that is low risk with a rapid recovery time (compared to the other more invasive skin resurfacing methods). Because microdermabrasion results in a superficial depth of skin removal, it works best to improve conditions on the skin’s surface, such as fine lines, early sun damage, age spots, acne, and superficial scarring.
If you’re considering microdermabrasion as your next spa treatment, here are the most frequently asked questions about the procedure:
- It is an easy, quick, and painless cosmetic treatment with minimal risk and no downtime.
- It helps to exfoliate the surface layer of skin using abrasion and suction.
- It uses fine crystals or minute, diamond-studded tips to rub the skin and vacuum suction to remove dead skin cells.
- It is low risk with a rapid recovery, requiring no needles or anesthesia.
- It can help improve skin appearance by reducing early sun damage, mild acne marks, and fine lines.
- Microdermabrasion is typically repeated every three to four weeks for optimal results.
- Your skin may become smoother after one treatment and can better absorb skin products.
- It is an affordable professional treatment, averaging $100-$200 per treatment.
It may not feel like it today, but summer is coming – and if your New Year’s resolution was to trim down, you might be feeling a little panicked. Although you may have spent weeks eating healthy and working out, you may not have been able to tone those trouble spots.
If you haven’t heard yet, CoolSculpting in Virginia Beach, VA, is the latest non-invasive body contouring treatment designed to target and destroy fat cells. CoolSculpting works by using cooling energy to penetrate the dermis layer of skin and destroy the stubborn fat cells that do not respond to your hard work.
CoolSculpting is safe and effective and approved by the FDA. In addition, there’s no downtime or lengthy recovery involved with the procedure. It’s becoming a very popular spa treatment as it can lead up to 20% fat loss after a single treatment and is an excellent choice for clients looking for permanent fat loss without the invasive nature.
The benefits of CoolSculpting include:
- Zero Recovery Time
- Clinically Proven Fat Loss
- Painless Procedure
- Ability to Treat Multiple Body Areas
CoolSculpting is best for candidates who are within 15 to 20 pounds of their ideal weight. While it permanently destroys fat cells, it cannot prevent the formation of new ones. Therefore, clients will need to commit to healthy habits to maintain their results.
A chemical peel is one of the more popular types of exfoliation spa treatments in Norfolk, VA. An aesthetician applies a chemical solution to a client’s face that removes dead skin cells from the top layer of skin. Treatment time for a chemical peel is typically under 30 minutes, but the peeling process can last three to five days post-treatment. During the peeling process, the dead skin cells flake off, revealing fresh, new skin underneath.
There are several benefits to having a chemical peel as one of your spa treatments. Chemical peels reveal a smoother, brighter, and more refined complexion, and they also improve the overall look and feel of your skin after just one treatment. Other benefits of chemical peels include:
- Improving the Skin’s Clarity, Color, Tone, and Texture
- Stimulating New Collagen Growth
- Reducing Sun Damage Discoloration
- Helping Clear Breakouts
- Lessening the Look of Fine Lines and Wrinkles
- Increasing Skin Hydration
- Improving the Look of Superficial Scars and Imperfections
Chemical peels also enable skincare products used at home to be more effective because these spa treatments remove several layers of skin build-up and congestion, helping products to penetrate deeper into the skin. For long-term results, a series of three or more chemical peels spaced four to six weeks apart are recommended.